Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Isha Mustafa
Dr. Isha Mustafa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA, with another office in Chestnut Hill, MA. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Mustafa is affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital, Faulkner Hospital and Baystate Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Isha Mustafa has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Isha Mustafa has the following 2 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Dr. Isha Mustafa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Isha Mustafa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr. Mustafa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Baystate Medical Center
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
Harvard Vanguard Wellesley
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Isha Mustafa in this video.
Dr. Isha Mustafa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.