Dr. Israel A Hartman Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Israel A Hartman?

saw this doctor twice and had a very bad experience. Unprofessional staff and poor response. I would never see this dr. again.

Doctor of great Expertise

I was sent to Dr. Hartman after having cancer and a nodule on my thyroid. Dr. Hartman asked me who my primary doctor was and I did not have one. Dr. Hartman took me in as my primary doctor to my good fortune. I read in a prior review from a patient who stated, Dr. Hartman blamed them for their diabetes II diagnosis. My question to that patient is who else is to blame? Dr. Hartman put the blame where it belonged. Denial about blame is part of the problem. The patient gave Dr. Hartman a bad review. I think the bad review should have gone to the patient. Dr. Hartman is a great doctor; however, his staff could use improvement.

Good experience

Staff is amazing front desk experience was quick despite young lady is new, friendly and accurate this was my 4th visit

Horrible doctor. Spends 2 minutes with you and makes you wait up to an hour. I overheard the nurses saying they wanted to go to lunch but that he was just sitting in his office while patients kept waiting. Doesn't care about patients at all and provides poor patient care.

Terrible front desk

The Doctor seems to be OK. But the front desk is the most terrible person. Unprofessional. Very terrible in making appointment. My first appointment was cancel, they were not even call to tell the patient. Second appointment, the day was cancel and they did not bother to call to tell me. I call to confirm appointment a day ahead, the front desk told me I am kidding.. she told me that I have no appointment. But I have their hand written appointment on my hand here. Terrible. Terrible!!!.

will certainly never return

The office is cluttered and ladies in every direction. Long wait in lobby. It was my first visit. He spent maybe 2 mins with me only to tell me to return in a month for an ultrasound... and another month after that.... for him to tell me the results of that ultrasound and then get my TSH level checked... and then again a month later for results of the TSH blood work. Approximately 3 months of office calls to him before we can treat my hypothyroid condition. . Received my insurance receipt for that 1st visit. he charged $425.00 for what he called a 'long first visit." Wow, wonder what he would have charged my insurance if he had actually talked to me or examined me or stayed for over 2 minutes? Came home and looked at his reviews and I could have saved myself all the trouble and my insurance carrier.

Bad doctor

I liked him ok at first, but as time passed he seemed to care less and less and acted as if it was my fault I have type 2 diabetes. He ordered test that seemed to line his pockets and not help me. His new PA seemed less than qualified. Glad I changed doctors, much happier now and diabetes is much more under control

He made me feel as if I was troubling him with 1-2 questions. On my last visit, I had to stop him from walking out to ask the only question I had, and he gave me a cold, 1 sentence answer while leaving. I decided I wasn't going to see him again after that. Calling his office to refill prescriptions, or even with an emergency at one point took 11 days to get a response and it was faster just to schedule an appointment with a new doctor than wait for him to respond. He would be great for you if you just want to submit your A1-C and have him tell you what to do before leaving.

I won't be back.

I've been a patient for just over a year - thyroid issues. His diagnosis was infact correct - I'll give him that. After being on medication for a year he haad me return for another sonogram. I always had a very long wait in the exam room to see him.He was in the room maybe 10 minutes - this included doing the sonogram. His "discussion" was to inform me there were no changes to my thyroid and come back in 6 months. When I mentioned having some typical hypothyroid symptoms he told me to go see mt PC and he could give me medication for it. He totally brushed me off and would not even entertain the idea of discussing my health care issues with me. I was in no way trying to question him, I was only being an involved patient. His bedside manner is deplorable! I don't care how many degrees he may have or how many advisory boards he be on, he should not be practicing medicine. I won't be back!

I like the fact that he takes the time to explain what is going on medically and how to help our situation natuarally first then with meds second. I have been a patient for many years and have been very satified.

Highly Recommended

I would, and I have, recommended Dr. Hartman to friends and family.

never again

He is cold like a stone! He just doesn't care at all. Beware to go with a good insurance there. You could end up with high cost treatment without a need of this. If he says you probably have cancer, go let it check somewhere else again!

Dr. Israel A Hartman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.