Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Israel Wiznitzer has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Israel Wiznitzer has the following 10 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Showing 5 of 16
Four years ago dx with breast cancer stage 2 and absolutely terrified-lucky enough to get Dr.Wiznitzer as my oncologist.He said "You have to do everything I tell you and you'll be OK,I'm pretty sure".Well,I'm OK. Everytime I travel or just enjoy my family, I thank Dr. Wiz who dragged me kicking and screaming thru chemo(which he assured me I "sailed through" and radiation.Unbelievably I was on Broward Health so he didn't really profit financially from this.Smartest man I ever met,his IQ is stratospheric- and very knowledgeable about Chicago politics too! Have a great life, Dr Wiz!
Saw Dr. Wiz with Stage 4 neck cancer. Initial opinion was to remove esophogus and laranx and pull stomach to throat.I placed myself in his hands. After 285 hours of chemo in 7 weeks their was no longer any tumor or sign of it and very little negative physical effects.The ensuing radiation provided those.Dr. Wiz is not only a Wizard, IMO, but a methodical, brilliant doctor that cares for his patients. While in the chemo ward for 2 five day sessions, I learned that he was much respected and revered by the staff.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Israel Wiznitzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Cancer Center, 8100 SW 10th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Israel Wiznitzer in this video.
Dr. Israel Wiznitzer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.