Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Israeli Jaffe has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Israeli Jaffe has the following 7 expertise
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Israeli Jaffe has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Israeli Jaffe is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
This Man literally saved my life. I was at deaths door and Dr Jaffe Took me under his wing and never let me down. He worked so hard and took such interest and care with me that I will forever be grateful to him. It is because of his greatness, combined with the greatness of Dr Kenneth Prager and God that I'm here today to give thanks. I've cried on their shoulders many a day. I was so sick that it was incredible. More that I can put into words amd I made it through. I was blessed to be under their care in 1997 - 2003 and I'm still around and doing great (better than Great). I didn't have much money or the best insurance and it didn't matter. They wanted to hepl me live. That they did and I'll forever be grateful. My children, my grandchildren and my mother will be forever grateful. They were the best doctors I could have ever had care for me. May God Bless you
Dr. Jaffe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
63 Years Experience
Graduated in 1950
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions161 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Israeli Jaffe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.