Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Istvan Balog
Dr. Istvan Balog, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Townsend, GA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Balog is affiliated with St Joseph's Hospital - Savannah, Southeast Georgia Health System, Camden Campus and Candler Hospital. Dr. Balog has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Istvan Balog has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 4 of 4
He was my Doctor for over ten years.I have seen alot of Doctor's with my health be so bad. He is the Best.I had moved out of town across the state and still would travel 2 1/2 hours to see him.He took really good care of me. He worked with me to find the root of it all, and did.I have moved out of state and I sure miss Him and his Staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Balog is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph's Hospital - Savannah
Southeast Georgia Health System, Camden Campus
Southeast Georgia Health System, Brunswick Campus
SE GA Health System-Brunswick
Southeast Georgia Regional Med Center
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1973
Mount Sinai Medical Center Cleveland
Dr. Istvan Balog accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsIstvan Balog MD, 1299 GA Highway 57, Townsend, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Istvan Balog in this video.
Dr. Istvan Balog is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Townsend, GA.