Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ivan L Brodsky has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ivan L Brodsky has the following 10 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Dr. Ivan L Brodsky has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ivan L Brodsky is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
Dr. Brodsky, with a few others, saved my life. I had a hemorrhagic stroke and Dr. Brodsky led the team that handled my case. I had surgery, but he did not do the surgery. I had no problems with him--he was a perfect gentleman. He was a kindly doctor, and I appreciated how he handled my situation. I could tell that I was one of many patients he had to oversee, and the time he spent on me was brief, but I never felt neglected. His bedside manner was just fine, and I could tell that he really cared about my recovery. Once, when my problems were getting worse, I could tell he was genuinely disappointed at the bad news. As a very sick patient at the time, I can tell you it meant a lot to see that he cared. I've got nothing but good things to say about Dr. Brodsky.
This is the rudest doctor we have ever dealt with. We were warned of him from other patients on the floor and he actually had my mother in tears. My father was in for a massive stroke and he spent 7 minutes in the "family meeting" and never more than 2-3 minutes/visit with my dad at a time. Many times just glanced and moved on to his next "check up." He has many other great doctors working underneath him I would strongly consider looking at. A family friend works at the Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology and said this feedback is very consistent, as well as the hospital staff where he works. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE GOING TO HIM if you want any attention at all.
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Ivan L Brodsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Medica ParkNicollet First
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMinneapolis Clinic of Neurology, 4225 Golden Valley Rd, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Ivan L Brodsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.