The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ivan M Chaitowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Ivan M Chaitowitz has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 12
There were immediate signs during a simple blood patch that I had considerably more issues that this blood patch could not fix. So, during the procedure he informed me of why he was stopping early (and I was quite awake). After much pain from side effects and being admitted to the hospital (where he works)...he did not come to see me...and over the phone told me that my problem was to big for him to do anything about!... over the phone!...and his final surgical report was completely in line with a "normal" procedure, "nothing significant". I was shocked...but look at the report he gives himself - an "A" for the records....! I formally asked for an addendum to take for a consultation at the MAYO CLINIC so they can have the most information possible to help me... and he refused. This is not a good doctor, in my opinion.
As far as I'm concerned Dr. Chaitowitz is one of the few & rare truly caring doctors. He has now performed 2 biopsies on me & if I have to have more done I will be having him do them. He is so concerned with his patient's care. When I happen to run into him today he was truly saddened by my diagnosis. It helps to have such a caring doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ivan M Chaitowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ivan M Chaitowitz in this video.
Dr. Ivan M Chaitowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.