Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ivan C Cheng has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Ivan C Cheng has the following 9 expertise
- Spinal Stenosis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Injuries
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 30
Before I met Dr. Cheng and his team I was already told that I would have to live in pain with limited mobility for the rest of my life. On the first visit Dr. Cheng and his team told me they would be able to help me with my mobility and relieve the constant pain so I could function. After one week in the hospital i was released and was able to take my kids to the Park that afternoon. Although I needed to take time to heal I was amazed I could do that. At the time of the surgery I weighed about 215 lb. today I weigh 185 lb. because I run 3 - 5 miles 4-5 times a week and Coach my sons Basketball Team. My nerve pain is slowly going away as I get stronger but I have no issues with my back. In the past I would walk bent over for 7-10 days once a month, immediately after the surgery I never walked bent over at the waist again!
I went to Dr. Cheng from New Mexico thinking that if he could not help I would at least get another referral. After having an xray of my neck, Doctor Cheng came in to tell me he could not see anything that would cause the pain I was having. His PA did say she saw a possilbe issue with my shoulder. Dr. Cheng, when asked for a referral said he did not know the schedule of other Doctors, but I did not have a tumor nor cancer! I felt that I was wasting his time. I was even was told the neck was not part of the spine, Really! We then went back to the Steadman Clinic in CO where I had previously been for a shoulder issue. They examined me, had me do a MRI and referred me to a neck specialist as they saw some issues. Surprise! They found that my symptoms were classic for Cervical Deg. Disc, Cervical Spine Instability, Cervical Radiculopathy. In other words I had a significant sliip in 1 vertabrae and needed to have 3 discs fused. When we were shown the xray it was clear that one vertabrae had slipped. We were surprised to think that Dr. Cheng could not read a simple xray and see facets had degenerated . To know that any doctor has issues reading an Xray to me is alarming and one that every patient should be concerned with. Really.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Harvard Medical School
Dr. Ivan C Cheng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medicine Outpatient Center, 450 Broadway St, Redwood City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ivan C Cheng in this video.
Dr. Ivan C Cheng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.