Have you seen Dr. Ivan Darenkov?

He is one of the best doctors we ever came across! A wonderful and meticulous diagnostician ,he does not leave anything unturned! He deserves an award!

Personable but not competent

I loved Dr Darenkov. He was polite, patient, funny and reassuring. I trusted him enough to hospitalize my 16 month old daughter without getting a second opinion. I will never make that mistake again. A battery of tests, many of them quite painful, along with endless IVs and shots and NG tube insertions with no diagnosis and no improvement were frustrating to say the least. Dr. Darenkov showed up EIGHT hours late for an endoscopy, apologizing, stating that his wife took the car. A taxi or a simple phone call would have eased 16 hours of unnecessary fasting for my screaming child. We moved to CHOP (Children's hospital in Philly touted as one of the finest in the world) and they were horrified that Dr. Darenkov ran as many tests and admitted my daughter without ever doing a simple out patient MRI known as a milk test to see if she had acid reflux, which she did. So much agony, time, and expense would have been saved if Dr. Darenkov had simply followed normal medical guidelines and ruled out GERD. By the time we got out of the hospital he had lost his hospital affiliation and his group practice affiliation. I am saddened to see he is still practicing medicine. He was a nice guy. My daughter didn't need a nice guy. She needed a good doctor. Happily we found several in Philly before it was too late.

HE IS AWFUL! DO NOT GO TO HIM! YOU WILL BE SORRY!

WAITED OVER ONE HOUR WITH A NEWBORN TO SEE HIM ONLY TO BE VERY DISAPPOINTED. HE DOES NOT LET YOU SPEAK OR ASK QUESTIONS. RUSHED US OUT THE DOOR AND IS VERYYYYYYY RUDE AND HAS HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER. DID NOT EXPLAIN ANYTHING...ORDERED A BUNCH OF TESTS AND HANDED ME A STACK OR PRESCRIPTIONS AND SENT US ON OUR WAY. NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAD TO GET ANOTHER DR. NOTHING BUT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!THE WORST DR. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God sent

This doctor is among those very few ones who truly care for his patients, he listens and respects the parents and is beyond kind. We were testing my baby for a posible nasty illness and I remember he spent until 2am emailing back and forth with me just answering and trying to calm me down, it was a very trying time for me, one I would not wish upon my worst enemy and he was there for me. Never has a doctor showed that commitment to a patient, truly amazing! God bless him, may he continue to provide the care he gives his patients for many years to come. Wish every Dr. would be like him.

Fantastic Doctor!

We love Dr Darenkov! He has taken amazing care of our infant. He diagonosed him and implemented treatment immediately. He takes the time to answer questions and explain answers. I have never felt rushed out of the office and have never felt that my concerns were dismissed. As my infant continues care with Dr. Darenkov, I am confident that my infant will continue to recieve the best treatment and care. I would recommend him to everyone!

Missed an obvious diagnosis

I am still stunned by our experience with Dr. Darenkov, as is our pediatrician. Dr. Darenkov looked at lab results that CLEARLY indicated Celiac disease in my 3-year-old and said she was negative, then proceeded to prescribe a battery of tests and medications she did not need. His bedside manner with our daughter was awful -- he barely acknowledged her until it was time to do a physical examination. We wanted to get a second opinion and another pediatric GI took one look at her labs and knew what was going on. Dr. Darenkov seemed like a nice guy but completely missed this one. Terrible.

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST

I don't know how anyone could give Dr. Darenkov anything but a 5 star rating. He is the best there is. My son was very upset when he was leaving our area. Unfortunately, we can't drive an hour and a half to see him. He returned phone calls personally -didn't have someone else do it for him. He truly cared how my son was feeling. When he was in the hospital he saw him several times a day. If your child has gastro problems, make an appointment to see this doc. He knows what he is doing, he will give you all the time you need to ask questions and listen to your child also.

THE BEST DOCTOR!!

Dr Darenkov is the best doctor that I have seen for my daughter. We have been through a number of pediatric gastroenterologists, and he is by far the best, most caring doctor I have found!! He showed that he cared about my daughter, and was patient with all of my questions. I did not feel rushed in any way. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a pediatric GI who will truly care about your child.

HE IS THE WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD AND I HATE HIM HE SUCKS DOES NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE EXCEPT HIM AND HIS STUPID CHEKOSOLVICAN OR WHATEVER HE IS HE'S A VERY UNPROFESSIONAL DOCTOR AND ITS IN ALL CAPS FOR ALL YOU TO READ

Awesome doctor for your kid

I found this dctor thrugh google but feel like i was very lucky to find him. He will call me 10 times if we cant get a hold on each other. If your child has any gastro problem, go to him, he will find the cause and treat him. Very caring. You aso get appts whenever you need them. They are very accomodating. Dr. Darenkov is th best.

Dr. Darenkov is an excellent doctor

Dr.Darenkov gives us plenty of time. We were never rushed. He is very caring and takes the time to explain everything he tells you, shows the results of tests, also allows the child to ask questions and wants to hear what my son has to say. The office staff is wonderful also. I highly recommend this doctor. We got a quick diagnosis of my son's problem without too many tests. Although he had an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis of crohn's, Dr. Darenkov was pretty sure of what it was right from our initial visit. My son had the tests the following week, spent 4 days in the hospital for medication and was on his way to feeling better.

Doctor's Response

Thanks a lot for Your comment. I wonder how Your son is doing right now? My e-mail is ivan_darenkov@mail.ru

thank you dr. "multi-tasker"

Dr. Ivan Darenkov is similar to the following 4 Doctors near East Windsor, NJ.

Dr. Ivan Darenkov Is this you?