Dr. Ivan G Pinon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ivan G Pinon?

I am most impressed with Dr. Pinon! He listens, is compassionate and calls with test results as soon as they are in.

He's a very nice man, spent time w/me during my visit, but he had no answers for me.

I attempted to make an appointment with Dr. Pinon but could not get past the receptionist. She told me that my primary care physician had to diagnose me with an endocrine condition before they would make any type of appointment. I told her I had already been seen by my PCP and that I needed a second opinion. Endocrinologists specialize in these issues, whereas a PCP practices general medicine. So frustrated. I can't rate the doctor himself, but dealing with the receptionist was an exercise in futility!

Can't get past the staff

Dr. Pinon is far and away the best endoctrinologist and dieabetes specialist in the state of New Mexico, though really top-rank in any context--national or international. He is truly expert and completely attuned to each patient. Though he has a very busy practice, he focuses on the patient so closely and with such understanding that one thinks one is the only patient being seen that day. He is also most highly regarded by his medical peers.

Dosent read records before visit. Dosent remember what he has done from one time to the next. Followups are at least three months,and he dosent know what he did the last time he saw you. Diagnosis vague and inaccurate.

Yes, the wait time is long, but he took the time to explain that even though his visits usually run 30 minutes, he's required to schedule them for 15 minute intervals. However, I never feel as though he rushes with me.