Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ivan Sletten
Dr. Ivan Sletten, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stillwater, MN, with another office in Stillwater, MN. He has 59 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Sletten is affiliated with University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Hudson Hospital and River Falls Area Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ivan Sletten has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 4 of 4
This is the first psychiatrist I had ever had. I only saw him for a few years, but he was awesome. I totally admired the kind of person he was. He was a very patient listener and i was obvious that he really cares about people as a whole. I was very sad to learn (just this evening) that he has passed away almost a year ago. I think he led a very full and satisfying life. His family and his countless patients over the years were very blessed...
Dr. Sletten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
River Falls Area Hospital
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Fairview Ridges Hospital
River Falls, Wisconsin
59 Years Experience
University of Wisconsin at Madison
Graduated in 1954
Dr. Ivan Sletten accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ivan Sletten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stillwater, MN.