Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib MD
Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Providence, RI. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lukacova-Zib is affiliated with Rhode Island Hospital, St. Paul and Women & Infants. She speaks English.
1 Hoppin St
Providence, RI 02903
Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib has the following 3 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib - Posted on May 11th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib - Posted on March 16th, 2010
Dr. Zib's interpersonal skills are marginal at best. Did not address the necessary preparation for a thyroid scan at a follow-up visit prior to the scan. I called the office daily, for eight days, trying to get a Synthroid refill. During this time, I had also indicated that I did not feel well and still did not receive a response. The Synthroid was finally refilled by one of my other physicians. This review is in no way a reflection of Dr. Zib's clinical skills. I think part of my dissatisfaction is with poor office practice. I have since change to another practice and feel that I have made a good health decision.
Dr. Lukacova-Zib is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rhode Island Hospital
Women & Infants
St Lukes Hospital
Women and Infants Hospital of RI
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Providence
- Charles University
Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib's office for more information.
1 Hoppin St Providence, RI 02903
Locations & Directions1 Hoppin St, Providence, RI
Dr. Ivana Lukacova-Zib is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.