Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ivonne E Smith
Dr. Ivonne E Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Methodist Hospital, CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Womans Hospital Texas. Dr. Smith has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Ivonne E Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
When another physician failed to address my continued pain and heavy bleeding, Dr. Smith agreed to do exploratory surgery, where she discovered I had end stage Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, fibroids and endometrial polyps. I had probably seen 20 gynecologists in my life and not one physician took my symptoms seriously until I saw Dr. Smith. After she performed my surgery, I got my life back. I am eternally grateful. My father, who is also a surgeon, met her after my surgery and was very impressed! She is my doctor for life!
Appointment wait was long. Visit with doctor was short. Doctor did not listen to my questions and disagreed with every request I made or questioned about my meds. She could not wait to leave the room. She used to be very warm and friendly and listen and ask questions. Now she is in a hurry and always late and curt. Both of my parents had osteoporiasis and I have ostiopinia yet she does not feel I should take a supplement or have annual bone scans. Both of my grandmothers, my mother and my father all died of cancer yet she refuses to give me yearly pap screens for cancer. I do not feel my needs are being met or that my concerns are listened to.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Ivonne E Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Medical Center Associates, 7900 Fannin St Ste 4000, Houston, TX
Dr. Ivonne E Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Houston, TX.