Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jack Almeleh has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Jack Almeleh has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Jack Almeleh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Skilled in helping you achieve your goals in life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jack Almeleh - Posted on May 30th, 2012
I started seeing Dr Almeleh for depression. In a short time he was able to give me the tools that I needed to avoid the usual traps that would lead me into depression. I can now say that I have not had one episode of depression for over 2 years and I attribute this to Dr. Almeleh's incredible talent to move a patient in a direction that leads to success. Thank you for caring and working hard with me Dr. Almeleh!!!!!
Dr. Almeleh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
44 Years Experience
State University of New York at Buffalo
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions340 E 52nd St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jack Almeleh, MD - Psychiatry in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Jack Almeleh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.