Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jack Amos has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Amos is a WONDERFUL Dr.! When you call the office, you aren't a number but a real person! You don't have to go through automated systems, you tell them your name and they know your kids! Both my kids go here and have for years. After going through many other Dr.'s for my kids, we found the right one! I would highly recommend Dr. Amos. They don't make them like this anymore!
Dr. Amos has been my son's doctor since he was born. I like the fact that he is an older doctor and has seen more the most of the younger doctors. He does not always want to medicate your child, but gives common sense "home remedies" to take care of an issue. He is great with follow-up and I recommend him highly.
My daugther is four years old and Dr. Amos has been her Dr. since she was born. I have always been able to make her an appointment on the day that I call with a concern and I have NEVER had to wait once I arrived at his office. He listens to my concerns and he never made me feel bad or crazy when I would (quite often) call the after hours number when my daughter was a new born. I am very grateful for Dr. Amos!
Dr. Amos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Women's Hospital of Greensboro
Wesley Long Community Hospital
Annie Penn Hospital
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Moses Cone Health System
Cone Behavioral Health Center
41 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Dr. Jack Amos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJack Edwin Amos MD, 409 Parkway, Greensboro, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jack Amos in this video.
Dr. Jack Amos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.