Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jack D Butler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 7
In Summer of 2011 Dr. Butler left his practice here in Arizona without a word to his patients, myself and my husband included, being his patients since the year 2001 or 2002. We are very sad that we've lost him as our doctor and feel hurt as well that we received no letter or information from him that he was going to leave the state or his practice here. We dearly miss you Dr. Butler. We hope that things are better for you in your new home.
Dr Butler is very thorough and takes time to listen to my concerns and to explain things very clearly. He doesn't run any unnecessary tests but is complete in his exam and in his discussion and diagnosis. The office staff are courteous and friendly, while still being professional. Because he is an internist, sometimes you have to wait a week or 2 for an appt with him;however his PA assistant, Miss Williams is very capable and often has open appts within a few days of calling for an appt. I am very pleased with Dr Butler and his office staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Jack D Butler accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKingfisher Family Care, 5300 N Independence Ave Ste 280, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. Jack D Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.