Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jack A Chapman has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
All that could really be said about this doctor is WOW and not in a good way. He pretty much only promoted a surgery option. Even though the surgery trial was not successful his office filed with my insurance to have the permanent procedure done and tried to argue with my husband and I that the trial was a success. Those that I know who did the permanent procedure are still looking for relief for their chronic migraines.
Dr. Chapman was very good the short time you get to see him. His P.A. Sharon Davis takes over and you never see Dr. Chapman again. i don't like her or her bed side manor. She commenced to diagnose my medicationd and make changes. I feel she overstepped her authority. Her changes have caused me discomfort and I have decided to change doctors. iz am very dissatisfied.
Be very careful if you choose to see Dr. Chapman. I felt that he was constantly pushing me to get injections. I went through several shots in my back which did not help, and cost me a lot of money. He took out part of my disk, which did not help a bit. Then he wanted to put a pain stimulator in my spine. I went to another doctor who showed me my problem on my MRI, and got rid of my pain with one shot. Later on, I found out that Dr. Chapman is not board certified in pain management. He is board certified in anesthesiology, and claims board certification in pain management through a group which doctors and hospitals dont recognize as being a real board. I learned that he cant get certified through the real board because he did not go through any formal training in pain management. My new doctor told me the only way to find out if a doctor is really certified in pain management is to look them up on theaba.org
31 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Jack A Chapman accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jack A Chapman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.