Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Jack Cornelius
Dr. Jack Cornelius, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with another office in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Cornelius is affiliated with UPMC South Side, Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic and Select Specialty Hospital - Pittsburgh/U. He speaks English.
Dr. Jack Cornelius has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Jack Cornelius has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Jack Cornelius has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jack Cornelius is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Jack Cornelius yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Cornelius is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UPMC South Side
Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic
Select Specialty Hospital - Pittsburgh/U
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System-University Dr. Div
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
32 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jack Cornelius is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.