Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jack Depriest
Dr. Jack Depriest, MD, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, WV. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Depriest is affiliated with Putnam General Hospital, Charleston Area Medical Center - Memorial Division and West Virginia University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jack Depriest has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Depriest is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Putnam General Hospital
Charleston Area Medical Center - Memorial Division
West Virginia University Hospital
Charleston Area Medical Center - Women's & Children's Hospital
Charleston Area Medical Center
Ochsner Baptist Med Center
27 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Jack Depriest accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, 3110 Maccorkle Ave SE, Charleston, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jack Depriest in this video.
Dr. Jack Depriest is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.