Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jack H Gottlieb has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Jack H Gottlieb has the following 8 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 15
I have been going to Dr. Gottlieb for more than 20 years. I continue to go to him for a number of reasons: he does a good job of making sure I go to specialists when needed by having the receptionist schedule appointments for me before I leave the office; I have had to call because of emergencies and if I am not seen the same day, he sees me the day after as early as possible; the wait time in the office is never very long even if they have to work me in; when he makes recommendations, he refers to professional journals to substantiate what is said.
If there was an option for negative four starts this man would get it. This doctor was short with me, rude, not well spoken at all. He was also sloppy and not timely. It's a shame that this man can diagnose people within 2 minutes after not even listening to them. The fact that he finished medical school scares me.
Dr. Gottlieb is the epitome of a Family Doctor, with a keen precision in monitoring and adjusting meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol. He spends the time needed, never rushed and will instantly order tests needed due to his reputation, that of his long serving staff and relationship with Providence Hospital, likely the best cardiovascular facility in South Carolina. I've been with him about ten years and he is a master at managing a regime for best blood pressure and cholesterol. He loves opera and although he won the Bronze Star in Vietnam, never mentions or boasts of it, when he served as an Air Force Medic during the time period of the Tet Offensive. His calm assurance is some of the best medicine there is.
Dr. Gottlieb is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Jackson Health System
Dr. Jack H Gottlieb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAugustine Health Group Llc, 2601 Laurel St Ste 120, Columbia, SC
Dr. Jack H Gottlieb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.