Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John S Heavrin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I changed ob's because the last appt i went to with him. I wasn't even sure he knew i was pregnant. I had seen him about 5 times already and he never bothered to look at my chart. when i asked him questions about meds and pregnancy he told me to ask my regular doctor. He had no clue how far along i was, he literally knew nothing every appt he came to. he wouldn't answer questions and was overly concerned with weight gain. as in he commented several times o my you gained 2 lbs this month. so you know i have gained weight... but not how far along i am, or that i am high risk. He seemed oblivious to the fact that i was pregnant. having said that. staff is very nice and competent. He was just not my cup of tea. at least look at your chart and know my name when you come through the door to my appt.
I have been seeing Dr. Heavrin for 7yrs, he has delivered both my daughters. I am 31yrs old, and if I did not find Dr. Heavrin when I did, I would have not been blessed with my two daughters! He is truly our savor, the sweetest, best, doctor I have ever seen in my life. So caring, takes time to find the root problems, and helps you anyway he can. I have been through a surgery with him and some other tough situtations, and cannot even express how thoughtful he is and the best at what he does. I have had about 6 friends go and see him, that he has helped as well.
Dr. Heavrin has been my ob/gyn for over 16 years. He delivered my 3 youngest boys (2 of which are tiwns), performed a partial hysterectomy and bladder lift on me, and diagnosed me with and helped me cope with PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome. He is a good christian man and a very caring doctor! I have referred many people to Dr. Heavrin and will continue to do so until he retires!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Heavrin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. John S Heavrin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJames M Summers Do & Associates Pc, 1335 Phay Ave Ste B, Canon City, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Heavrin in this video.
Dr. John S Heavrin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canon City, CO.