Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jack M Matheny II has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jack M Matheny II has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 11
In today's fast changing healthcare I am so glad I have a Doctor who believes in personal health care and is honest. This doctor saved my life and I believe anyone who suffers sometimes accused by others, Alzheimer's disease or memory lapses should visit a too the point, ethical, yet you are in charge of your healthcare descions. Thanks for believing in us. I'd come back but I have learned to walk and ride my bicycle. Peace and respect for life worth living.
Dr Matheny is the only doctor in Putnam county that accepts Medicaid. That means we are all stuck with him, and he knows it. He is so hard to deal with. One appointment he will be okay, the next 3 appointments he will be extremely rude and argumentative. He changes around all your prescriptions and writes different ones it seems, according to his mood. He doesn't go over that with you, and if you question it he says, well then don't come here anymore. He never reviews my chart, he doesn't remember my health problems. He might say at one appt, lose 10 pounds by next appt or I don't want to see you. He has a horrible bedside manner!
43 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Jack M Matheny II accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPutnam Ob/Gyn Inc, 700 Zeagler Dr Ste 10, Palatka, FL
Dr. Jack M Matheny II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palatka, FL.