Dr. Jack Z Nussbaum Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jack Z Nussbaum?

Absolutely Terrible

The entire office staff are the rudest, most unprofessional, and UN-knowledgeable bunch of people I have ever met. Nussbaum is extremely rude and just an absolute terrible Doctor. His manner is horrible and rude and he is not very knowledgeable.

Great doctor

I became a patient of Dr. Nussbaum sometime around 2003 and he was my primary care physician for several years after. While he me same abbrasive at first meeting, Dr. Nussbaum's sense of humor may not be for everyone but I enjoyed his banter. He is non-judgemental and doesn't make you feel like an idiot...unless you are, and don't follow his instructions.Oh, and did I mention he saved my stepfather's life? Oh yes...AND he diagnosed for me in 15 minutes what Stony Brook University Hospital could not diagnose for me in a 5 DAY HOSPITAL STAY.I had mononucleosis, but Stonybrook was convinced that I had an impending heart attack and miocarditis (which I didn't). I had gone in for meningitis-like symptoms, but they completely ignored my symptoms and were focused on my heart, which was not giving me trouble.After leaving the hospital with an "non-diagnosed or unknown malady", I began experiencing excruciating sore throat pain, so I went to Dr. Nussbaum. Lo and behold (and after facepalming himself when I told him I went to Stony Brook), Dr. Nussbaum easily and immediately diagnosed my condition, with a blood test within less than 48 hours to confirm his diagnosis.He's funny, has a bad reputation with hospital staff because he doesn't have patience for their typical clueless behavior, and knows his practice and patients well.Thank you Dr. Nussbaum. Had I not moved to Texas I would still be proud and thankful to call you my doctor.

Saved My Life

Nobody else could figure out what was wrong with me, or they didn't try. This doctor spent the time talking to me about all my symptoms and made the diagnosis in less than a half hour. If it wasn't for him I would probably be dead from Cushing's disease.

Great Doctor

I noticed some of the other reviews don't seem to understand what he's all about. Sometimes he's so smart it gets too sophisticated. He makes sure the patient understands everything, and, if they don't seem to he explains it over and over again. Unbelievable bedside manner, in a good way.

Is too busy to follow up with his patients. Is extremely sarcastic and needs to act like an adult. The entire office needs to have better communication and get their act together.

misdiagnosis ends in death

Dr. Jack Z Nussbaum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ronkonkoma, NY.