Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jack Parrino
Dr. Jack Parrino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Parrino is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Parrino has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jack Parrino has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Jack Parrino has the following 19 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Watery Eyes
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergies
- Drug Allergy
Dr. Jack Parrino has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jack Parrino is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Parrino is an incredible physician who truly cares about his patients. I went to him with some very unusual symptoms, and he spent a total of 4.5 hours with me trying to diagnose my issues and find solutions. I thought doctors like this no longer existed, and I was extremely pleased with his level of care. My husband had seen him and recommended that I see him, but he far exceeded my expectations. He is one of the good ones!
There is no doubt Dr. Perrini is great at what he does. Very through & efficient. However, there isn't any reason I could see why a new patient appt should last for 3 hours. That's ridiculous if you ask me. Staff should give the patient the courtesy as to why the Dr may be running behind instead of the patient having to ask after about 30 mins of waiting in the waiting room.
I just had allergy testing done at Dr. Parrino's office. He is a rare doctor that is willing to spend a lot of time with his patients, who clearly explains everything, and listens to all your concerns. His staff are also very friendly and professional.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Parrino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Jack Parrino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTampa Allergy Center, 5128 N Habana Ave, Tampa, FL
Dr. Jack Parrino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.