Dr. Jack Reiter Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Posted on October 4th, 2014

Twenty five years ago, I had the opportunity to chat with Dr. Reiter on the occasion of my divorce. At the time, we got along well. He seemed a friendly person, acting in good faith. Much to my surprise, about three years later, when I sought his advice, he made a 180 degree turn and out-of-the-blue declared war on me, supporting my former abusive, alcoholic wife-batterer former husband. Both my kids and I suffered much because of his inconsistency and poor judgement.

Posted on February 5th, 2013

Dr. Reiter misdiagnosed my daughter's condition, and made her situation worse. Although people warned me about typical psychiatrists being brief with patient interactions and just prescribe meds, I am still very surprised with the lack of any interest shown by Dr. Reiter regarding his patient's wellbeing. What is worse for us is that seeing Dr. Reiter delayed our visit to other psychiatrists for more than a month. Now we have to deal with getting my daughter off Dr. Reiter's medicine after several emergency interventions including hospitalization.

Thank you Dr. Reiter

Posted on November 16th, 2012

Dr. Reiter's experience is invaluable. My adolescent son was comforted by Dr. Reiter's overall presence and guidance, very comforting to him.

Very Difficult Experience

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

Tried to get help with my very depressed child. Pushed Vyvanse so hard on both of us it made me wonder if he was getting a kickback. Completely callous and uncaring at at terrible time. The next psychiatrist we saw read from his records (out loud) that Dr. Reiter did not "like" my child. Ruinous is a very good word for it. Still hurts thinking about my responsibility for my child's exposure to this.

Time for the WA Medical Quality Assurance Committee to slap his wrist again

Posted on January 24th, 2011

Dr. Reiter has a long, well-documented AND officially censured history of breaching patient confidentiality and other inappropriate, damaging behavior. Rather than repeat my family's ruinous experience with his ethical violations, call the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Committee (nickname: Med-Quack)and ask for the filed complaints AND Washington state sanctions ordered against him. It's public record and they'll gleefully mail it to you. No, they can't fax it to you--it's too thick.

Really?

Posted on July 12th, 2010

I found it particularly disturbing that Dr. Reiter would proffer diagnoses to another family member without either a)consent or b)any current knowledge of present circumstances. He seems more than willing to breech patient confidentiality while wholly engaging in speculation in ways that appear unprofessional. All in all, I'd say he's good company if you want to chat, but wholly untrustworthy on the confidentiality front.

Posted on September 28th, 2015