Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jack Remington
Dr. Jack Remington, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA, with another office in Palo Alto, CA. He has 57 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Remington is affiliated with Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford and Stanford Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jack Remington has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Cerebral Toxoplasmosis
- Chagas Disease
- Disease Susceptibility
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Pregnancy Complications, Parasitic
- Rasmussen's Syndrome (Encephalitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Remington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Stanford Medical Center
Stanford University Hospital
57 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1956
Dr. Jack Remington accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jack Remington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.