Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jacob Cherian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 32
No follow-up on tests and lab work. Had to call his office 15 times to get a result after 2 weeks. Went to another provider in same locality, got results and feedback in 24 hours. When you are waiting for a result on diagnosis, its important that you are called back. When asked the office said, their policy is no call back for results.
Dr Cherian has been my doctor for about 20 years.It is very easy to get an appointment.He keeps the same staff and has a very nice nursing assistant. I find that he listens to my concerns and in addition has a good sense of humor.He refers to other specialists when indicated.I do refer others to him when asked.
My spouse and I have been seeing Dr. Cherian as our primary care physician for about 13 years, and are quite satisfied overall. He is personable and caring, the staff is friendly and professional. Our office visits take whatever time we need to get our questions answered and get explanations for everything. I like that he helps train nurse practitioner students - he seems like a good teacher and checks their findings and recommendations. I am an RN and a Certified Registered NP myself. My only slight concern is that he does not generally call regarding test results that come back normal - I have to initiate the call. He is very good about arranging for referrals to be sure we get specialty care for any issues he is not sure of, and that makes me feel secure.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cherian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Mercy Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Jacob Cherian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJacob Cherian Md Llc, 10910 Little Patuxent Pkwy Ste 105R, Columbia, MD
Dr. Jacob Cherian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.