Runs like a heard of cattle

Please go elsewhere. Not friendly and almost feels like they enjoy making you feel degraded, has everyone come in at same time and just wait like a heard of cattle, doesnt care how long you wait, up charges for every little thing, dr down right borderline creepy.

I called here today to schedule an appointment and the young lady who answered the phone was so very rude, condescending, impolite and unprofessional. To work in a position such as this and dealing with the public and patients on a daily basis a person should have compassion and empathy if nothing else, you never know what someone is going through when they are calling for a service. To treat someone the way she treated me over the phone today is totally unacceptable and out of line. She hung up on me when I corrected her on how many weeks pregnant I was, when I called back I said "I'm sorry I think you hung up on me" and her response was "I sure did" I asked to speak to a manager and she told me she was the manager, I asked to speak with the physician and she told me that wasn't possible. I asked for her name which she did inform me her name is Sheena. I called another location hysterical and in disbelief that someone in this position could be so ill-mannered especially not knowing what my situation is or what I could possibly be going through. I called another location to find out who the supervisor is that I could speak to about Sheena's rude disposition and I had the pleasure of speaking to Rochelle who almost made me reconsider my decision about this place. Rochelle was so warm, and kind hearted and listened to me as I cried my heart out to her about my situation and how this young lady treated me. I did my research and was really hoping to be seen by Dr. Kalo as I have read many good reviews have heard good things however, I am very disappointed by the staff employed by him and will continue to research a different physician that might be able to help me in my situation. This physician has many good reviews and it is truly a shame that he would have someone as discourteous and unprofessional as her work here.

excellent staff and dr

The entire staff was very nice and caring. The Doctor was friendly and professional. They really took the time to answer all my questions. I will continue to see this dr. for my regular visits.

Unprofessional staff

I applied for a medical assistant position at the Women's Center of Michigan and was offered an interview with Pam at the Detroit location on Tuesday at 8:30 AM. I confirmed both the date and time with Her. I also confirmed her name, which she replied smugly, "Pam, like the cooking spray." On the day of my interview, I arrived at 8:15 AM, and noticed there were no other cars in the parking lot. I visited the website which listed this location's business hours as: M-F 8:30 AM-6:00 PM, Sat 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, Sun closed. I attempted to call the office at 8:30 AM, and multiple other times every few minutes, however to my surprise a voice message (male voice) said "This is Chris, leave a message!" I did not leave a message. Instead, I attempted to call the other locations (Sterling Heights and West Bloomfield), however was unsuccessful as they did not open until 9:00 AM. Around 8:57 AM, an SUV pulled into the parking lot with a middle-aged, blonde woman inside. I rolled the window down and asked her if she was Pam. She replied, "Yes." I then said, "Hi, I'm [name], nice to meet you. I was scheduled to meet with you at 8:30 AM". She rudely replied, "I never would've told you that. We don't open until 9:00 AM." I said, "Well ma'am, that's the time you told me and I confirmed it with you over the phone last week. Your website says you open at 8:30 AM." Again, she rudely replied, "The internet is wrong all the time. I'm not gonna argue with you. What are you here for?" As if she was not expecting me. I said, "I'm [name], I'm here for an interview". She says, "I'm not interested. I'm not gonna go through this for an interview." We then walked into the building and I asked to speak with a supervisor to file a complaint. She said, "I AM the supervisor, the office Manager, the HR administrator." I told her I would be filing a report, because of her unprofessionalism. She replied, "Why? Because you wrote down the wrote time?" I told her to have a blessed day and walked away. As I walked out of the door, she mumbled underneath her breath, "Freakin' crazy." I rarely, if ever, leave negative reviews such as this, however this woman was not only rude and unprepared, she was highly unprofessional to a potential hire. With that being said, this is not a company that I am interested in working for or representing. I have spoken with the medical doctor who is the owner of the practice, and I hope he takes the necessary disciplinary actions to ensure this does not happen to someone else in the future.

Office Visit

Our Medical Staff and the Physician categorically deny all those lies. We have 3 facilities that are all licensed by the State Of Michigan that are certified for the training and teaching of Medical Students and Registered Nurses all year round. Our services are Obstetrics, Pap Smears, Laser surgery, Infertility, family planning, and gynecological cancer. Our facilities are state of the art in respect to instrumentation and accommodation. The cleanliness and the sanitation in our offices are of the highest standard. This specific patient came to our office multiple times within the last 2 yrs and only praised us and was thankful for our services. On the last visit she questioned why a Registered Nurse and a Medical assistant that were African Americans had to be in the room. Everybody took her feelings in a very offensive manner. She wanted to stay alone with the Doctor. On that specific day we had Pro-Life picketers outside the office and they brain washed her and basically gave her the exact same words and format that they give everyone leaving our office to evaluate us and post it on the internet in order to achieve the Pro-Life agenda and close our businesses. They have done this multiple times before, but our excellent medical services and impeccable results are proof to our contribution to the community. Our entire medical staff and especially the Registered Nurse and Medical Assistant that were in the room will prove this complaint is fraudulent. Our Medical Staff and the Physician categorically deny all those lies. We have 3 facilities that are all licensed by the State Of Michigan that are certified for the training and teaching of Medical Students and Registered Nurses all year round. Our services are Obstetrics, Pap Smears, Laser surgery, Infertility, family planning, and gynecological cancer. Our facilities are state of the art in respect to instrumentation and accommodation. The cleanliness and the sanitation in our offices are of the highest standard. This specific patient came to our office multiple times within the last 2 yrs and only praised us and was thankful for our services. On the last visit she questioned why a Registered Nurse and a Medical assistant that were African Americans had to be in the room. Everybody took her feelings in a very offensive manner. She wanted to stay alone with the Doctor. On that specific day we had Pro-Life picketers outside the office and they brain washed her and basically gave her the exact same words and format that they give everyone leaving our office to evaluate us and post it on the internet in order to achieve the Pro-Life agenda and close our businesses. They have done this multiple times before, but our excellent medical services and impeccable results are proof to our contribution to the community. Our entire medical staff and especially the Registered Nurse and Medical Assistant that were in the room will prove this complaint is fraudulent.

Looking for Doctor

It's odd that only the positive comments can answer the feedback portion about the rating being helpful or not. Interesting.

Do your research beforehand - don't see this doctor!

I had been seeing Dr. Kalo for almost two years. I would go in for refills on my birth control, as well as my annual pelvic and breast exams. I never had an abortion done by Dr. Kalo. I never had any major issues with him until my very last visit, and I would never recommend this doctor for any of my friends and family. For one, he schedules all of his patient at the around the same time, and then you will sit in the office for over 1.5 hours or more before being seen. My very first visit with this doctor, I actually told the office manager (an older woman with a thick accent) that I needed to reschedule and come back, because I could not sit there all day and wait for him because I have a job. Secondly, the West Bloomfield location is unsanitary and very unprofessional. During my last visit when I was being brought into the exam, I wasn't told to undress from the waist down. When Dr. Kalo and the two nurses/nursing assistants came into the room, that's when he told me to undress. So, I had to undress in front of three people with zero privacy. He didn't use stirrups on me and just had me lay on the exam table with my legs up. He didn't wash his hands prior to my exam, only put one glove on, and did my entire pelvic exam with his ungloved hand. Additionally, I had the paper cloth over my waist, and this doctor literally cupped my butt after he was finished with the pelvic exam. I'm talking about the grabbing of one's butt that your significant other does to you too. He also conducts his breast exams in a peculiar manner. Not your normal breast exam... He did not wash his hands after the pelvic and breast exams, and neither did the nurses/nursing assistants who were in the room with him. I wished I would have send something, but I was so dumbfounded that he would forget to put a glove on and grabbed my butt that I froze. Pelvic and breast exams are suppose to be annual, and this doctor did a pelvic exam on me every six months. And I wish his nursing staff would have spoken up, but the two nurses/nursing assistants in the room with us didn't say one word. This is a man who takes advantage of his authority over the vulnerable women who come into his office. Don't believe me? Check out the lawsuits against him in 1998 and 2001. There is a reason why there are #metoo protestors outside his West Bloomfield location. Disclaimer: I am not a competitor. Dr. Kalo's office likes to write comments back about how their bad reviews are from competitors. This is simply not true about me. I was a genuine patient of his, and I am trying to warn others about him. I do not want other women to be taken advantage of like what happened to me.

Dr. Kalo is a great Dr. Who tries his best to explain everything and keep you calm.

If you need an abortion you should go here. The Sterling Heights office is the best. You may have to wait a while depending on how busy it is, but any clinic you are going to wait. I suggest if you can afford it getting the highest amount of pain meds. Also the lady at the front desk is such a sweetheart and 90% of the nurses are very nice and kind.

Wonderful Doctor & staff.

The office was comforting. The ladies that work here really care about you. They were all so sympathetic and kind to me. I never felt rushed. the Doctor answered all my questions and then took the time to answer all my boyfriends concerns too. I hope no one ever has to get an abortion, but if you do ... please consider going to Western Women's Center. You will not be disappointed in the quality of care you receive.

Provides vital women's health services with compassion and skill. I highly recommend the clinic.

I got pregnant and wasn't even sure where to start. My girlfriend suggested I call the women's center she said this is the only place that has a board certified Dr that owns and operates his own offices. From the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave you are treated with dignity.the office staff is friendly and make sure all of your emotional needs as well as your physical needs are met. The entire staff from the receptionist to the registered nurse really listen to you. No question is silly. The Dr. Was professional, kind, and sympathetic. He accepts my insurance so I plan on continuing to see him as my regular physician for birth control and regular exams .I'm so glad my girlfriend recommended this Dr! Very private atmosphere. Very comfortable environment. I wouldn't go to any other place.

My daughter and I have been patients of Dr Kalos practice for years. We always have been very satisfied with the professional and cordial treatment from the staff. We know this practice takes care of 100s of patients..we inquired about these "bad reviews" and according to the Medical Director those patients had demanding and aggressive behaviors. Which makes sense considering I've seen a few in his office with my own two eyes. Our doctor is BOARD CERTIFIED, not to mention staff there are very knowledgeable and answer ALL of your questions, not just some. Did I mention he's licensed by the state? Do your research people, you would be surprised how many doctors arent. These bad reviews are insane and I give nothing but a 5 star in my eyes.

Dr. Jacob Kalo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Detroit, MI.