Dr. Jacob Lichy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jacob Lichy?

Save your life. Go to another doctor.

Posted on October 22nd, 2017

I was a patient at Lichy & Kolb for almost 20 years. Last October I felt a lump in my right breast (a breast which he had previously biopsied) and had a mammogram, an ultrasound and physical examination. He saw the lump and felt it and told me he thought it was "probably nothing". When I asked him to biopsy it he told me to come back in 30 days and he would do a biopsy. I went home and called Memorial Sloan Kettering. The lump he said was "probably nothing" was a 6 cm. malignant tumor. Stage 3 node positive estrogen receptor Invasive Lobular Carcinoma. One month later I had a mastectomy, dissection of 18 lymph nodes, 4 months of ACT chemotherapy, and 5 weeks of daily radiation. I am now on a chemo pill for the next 5 years to help reduce the chances of reoccurrence. I am at the moment cancer free thanks to the expert and caring radiologists, oncologists and entire staff at MSK. I will be forever grateful to them. (The reason for the one star rating is that it is required to verify that I have been to him)

Posted on July 23rd, 2016

I went to Dr Lichy for 15 years in a row for a Mamo and sono...he missed my breast cancer and I was diangnosed with stage 3 ...he is a very dangerous person who did not do his job well. His partner left him 6 mos ago ....he is practicing but is incompetant. BEWARE!!!!

Very good, but be bring a book.

Posted on November 4th, 2015

I love that they send me a card reminding me each year. If you are the first appointment of the day be prepared to wait as the radiologist is frequently late. Or make an appt. for later in the day and really be prepared to wait because they get backed up. The staff has been there for years and years which says something. Little turnover and they seem very happy.

Social worker

Posted on July 5th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Lichy for over 25 years. I first went in crisis. He has taken excellent care of me through the years and spent whatever time necessary with me. He does not do unnecessary procedures but what is necessary l. Also, he has no problem if you want a second opinion. I also found the staff courteous and helpful.

Posted on October 24th, 2017