Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacqueline C Wong
Dr. Jacqueline C Wong, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alhambra, CA, with another office in Alhambra, CA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Wong is affiliated with Garfield Medical Center. Dr. Wong has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jacqueline C Wong has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jacqueline C Wong has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
she is very nice. She will take as much time as possible with me. She is no rush to get out. Caring,compassionate,frendly and willing to help and suggestion. She will take her time to explain. I have been seeing her for over 5 years now.MY relative also a PCP. I rather see Dr. wong than i my own relative. Just go there and you will see. The wait is little long, but good doctor is hard to find. I have seen many doctors before, trust me, she is different from the rest.MY father, mother, sister, brother, relative friends ,co- worker... just about everyone that i know go see her.And her R.N. assistance is very friendly and helpful too.
I used to work for Dr. Jacquine C Wong for about 8 months, as a front desk then as an administration assistant to do the referral authorizations for her patients. According to what I know, Dr. Wong is very patient, caring, knowledgeable and professional in seeing her patients. She's a great listener, always tries her best to help her patients. She is willing to do all kinds of tests for her patients if they request as long as she is authorized to do them, not like some other doctors. Averagely she spends around 20 to 30 minutes with her patients.
I can't say enough about Dr. Wong. By finding her I feel like I won the doctor lottery. Most importantly she seems to genuinely cares about me as a person, and always always does her best to listen to me, examine me, and explain what she thinks is going on. She is like a walking medical encyclopedia and actually seems to enjoy sharing her knowledge everyone. She is joyful and thorough and I feel very safe with her.
I recently visit the doctor's office. The hours are great but the staff is not friendly. The charge on diagnostic is wrong as well. I suppose to have a routine checkup but then they start to charge me on the answer I GIVE TO THE DOCTOR. They charged me asthma billing code which I already have a specialist. Trigger finger that I had since I was little. The staff is not very friendly when I tried to discuss the issue.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Far Eastern University Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
Graduated in 1990
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Jacqueline C Wong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jacqueline C Wong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alhambra, CA.