Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jacquelyn C Howitt
Dr. Jacquelyn C Howitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal & Fetal Medicine. Dr. Howitt is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital. Dr. Howitt has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jacquelyn C Howitt has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Howitt saved my life twice. Once when she referred me to have a hysterectomy and the other time when I was diagnosed with chronic fatique and advised by another doctor there was nothing I could do. Each time she sent me to a health care professional she trusted and each time it saved my life. I wouldn't be here to write this if it hadn't been for Dr Howitt!
Dr. Howitt has been my OBGYN for over 10 years. In that time, I have never once thought about seeing anyone else. Her bedside manner can only be matched by her thourough and complete knowledge of the field. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my health or pregnancies. I have consistently recommended her to friends and family. She goes above and beyond what you would expect of a medical professional.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2010, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2015, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Howitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Jacquelyn C Howitt accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLake Affect Ob Gyn And Midwifery, 500 Helendale Rd Ste LLE10, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jacquelyn C Howitt in this video.
Dr. Jacquelyn C Howitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.