Dr. Jacquelyn D Perna Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Jacquelyn D Perna?

Horrible bedside manners!

NO CONFIDENCE IN HER KNOWLEDGE

I think she is ok but as a scientist, I prefer a doctor who knows what they are doing but Dr. Perna does not seem to know enough. I give a a B+ for looking up things when she doesn't know, rather than misguide her patients, but she looks up EVERYTHING on her computer and always seemed strapped for medical information, even when i think some things should be obvious. I have tested her on numerous occasions and lets just say, i would not want her treating my baby or something like that... I however thought she made a little effort /some effort to get to know me.

Rude!!!

For a physician to walk into an exam room and not apologize for the hour wait is upsetting. Dr. Perna walked into the room and said "if you decide not to take care of your health then that's your perogative". When asked to discuss health issues during an annual physical appointment. She says she doesn't have the time and another appointment is needed to speak about other ailments. She lacks empathy, has no bedside manners, does not know how to break things down to non english speaking patients. I do not doubt the knowledge of Dr. Perna but I am truly disappointed with how she treats her patients. I would not recommend her to others.

Awful doctor, practice, office.

Dr. Perna is easily the worst doctor I have ever been to visit. I stuck it out with her for almost a year hoping she would change, but she continued to make me wait for over an hour every visit, never listened to my issues, needs, or feelings regarding my health. She always sat at her computer and typed. Never EVER made eye contact or showed concern even when I would be crying talking to her. I feel I was clearly misdiagnosed after gaining 20 pounds in 4 months, swollen ankles, sore joints and depression she decided to test my thyroid many months later after I demanded a TSH test to check my levels. She is a horrible representation of a doctor. My TSH levels were never under control while under her care. She never followed up or tested my levels without me asking. I feel bad for anyone still under her care. Take my advice and leave. SHE IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU.

Pleasant Doctor

When I first met her, she made me wait for almost an hour for a physical. And when she finally showed up she didn't offer a simple apology or explanation as a courtesy. She only works a few days at the Waltham location and often squeezes in too many appointments on the same day. After making me wait for so long, she only spent about 10-15 minutes with me. I felt rushed and intimidated.I found her to be very arrogant and condescending. She didn't have the time to listen to my health complaints. Still, I put up with her for a few visits, only because I thought she was thorough - if not compassionate! I found out later that she did not take my symptoms seriously enough and I ended up having to see a specialist. Needless to say, I am no longer her patient and, I would not recommend her to anyone. While I agree that doctors do not need to be friendly, I do not want a PCP like Dr. Perna, who doesn't treat patients with respect. At first,

OK depending on your needs

I often have a very long waiting time - over an hour. This is every single time I have an appointment. Big complaint. She is very thorough but lacks compassion for people.

Dr. Jacquelyn D Perna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waltham, MA.