Dr. Jae H Chon Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Jae H Chon?

Excellent doctor care and their staff works with your reporting needs.

I have seen Dr. Chon since 2012. I had a successful surgery for my injury. I appreciate the quality care and attention to my workers compensation insurance requirements.

My c-spin surgery left me without the use of my right arm

I had an anterior C spine fusion from Dr. Jae Chon of Kerlan and Jobe Orthopedic. After the surgery I was not able to lift my right arm. Two days after the initial surgery Dr. Chon went in again from the front to try and correct the damage to my C-5 nerve. The two anterior surgeries had left me with tremendous swelling in my neck. My voice was gone, I chocked on everything. He had used a morphogenic protein in my neck that was FDA approved for the lumbar but not for the C spine because it caused swelling. I was on prednisone for weeks to reduce swelling and keep my air ways open. This second surgery was not successful. In subsequent office visits I had to wait two hours in a very cold room only to be told it might take up to two years to know if my arm movement would come back there was not surgery, physical therapy or medication to help. I could not eat, write, drink, comb my hair and brush my teeth with my right arm. As my condition got worse Dr. Chon refused to see me. He would not return calls or return calls made to Kerlan Jobe business office. I sought the help of an excellent doctor at Cedars Spine institute, Dr. Brian Perri; he performed a posterior C-spine surgery (he went in from the back). He found a very large chunk of bone from the first surgery had become wedged between the metal plate inserted by Dr. Chon and my spinal cord. The result was a bone fragment was coming from the front of my spinal cord through the back C-5 foramen, the hole where the C-5 nerve exits the spinal cord. This bone fragment was cutting into the C-5 nerve root. This was causing paralysis in my right arm. Dr. Perri carefully removed this bone fragment. It has been a long hard recovery but I have full movement in my right arm. I will always have weakness in the right arm, but now I can blow dry my hair, eat, drink, and brush my teeth normally. Dr. Chon was not diligent during the first surgery and in the second surgery he failed to see a bone fragment that per the second doctor was very visible to the naked eye. He really should never perform this surgery again. Dr. Brian Perri and his crew at Cedars Spine institute are excellent, caring and in my mind, saved my life.

Excellent Doctor, worth waiting for

Dr. Chon very clearly explained my problem, even to the point of drawing very detailed pictures. He is very direct in his approach, but gentle. I never felt like he was rushed. The medication he prescribed was very helpful in relieving my pain. Physical therapy has not helped a lot, but then that is not his domain.