2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rani U Athreya?

Not recommended for sleep issues other than apnea

I would not recommend this provider, as my four-month experience as a patient there was a frustrating combination of staff errors and professional indifference. There has been high turnover among office staff, and I waited months for insurance approval when it was the staff who never submitted the request (twice) and then failed to contact me when the insurance company approval came back, then scheduled me for a MSLT sleep study on a night when that study was not available. The doctor took two months to sign-off on the sleep-technologist’s report. First, after calling the office weekly for months, I was told that my sleep study was “normal.” I requested a copy, and found out first, that it was not normal, and secondly that it was incomplete. Some sleep medicine doctors apparently think that any sleep study results that don’t include apnea or narcolepsy are “normal” since there are no drug treatments for other sleep disturbances. The physician’s assistant told me that she had a patient who had hundreds of partial awakenings from Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, but since the patient wasn’t aware of the awakenings she figured that it wasn’t a problem. (!) I was having difficulty figuring out how much of my disability was caused by sleepiness, and how much of it was caused by fatigue. Since leaving this practice, I have discovered that I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (also called ME or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Syndrome)

Not good

Dr. Rani U Athreya is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Springfield, MA.