Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jahangir Sharifi MD
Dr. Jahangir Sharifi has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Jahangir Sharifi has the following 6 expertise
- Laser Resurfacing
- Skin Cancer
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Hair Restoration
Dr. Jahangir Sharifi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Professional and patient!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jahangir Sharifi - Posted on September 4th, 2019
7 months posts surgery for deviated septum and doing great. Dr Sharifi was great but all my appointments were with John, the PA, who is very knowledgeable and patient. He explained everything clearly and did treated me for about 3 months with medication before surgery. Very kind and professional staff. It can take a bit sometimes to get an appointment but follow ups were easy and quick.
Worst dr’s office I’ve ever seen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jahangir Sharifi - Posted on May 15th, 2019
This office is scam!!! They do medical fraud! Avoid it by all means!!! They are stealing money by make you to sign paperwork so that they can send you bills if you call and cancel the appointment and they don’t care if you tell them that you are sick and can’t make it. The stuff is rude and undertrained. Please do yourself a favor by going to the other office. Otherwise, you will wind up being fraudulently billed.
Balloon sinus procedure
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jahangir Sharifi - Posted on August 14th, 2018
I’ve had a chronic sinus problem for years and was avoiding surgery forever. I was referred to Dr Sharifi by my primary doctor and after evaluating me he suggested my case was appropriate for an office procedure. I went through with the balloon procedure which went well and I have been symptom free so far. Dr Sharifi was very gentle and professional with great bedside manner. His staff have always been very helpful during my visits.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jahangir Sharifi - Posted on August 9th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jahangir Sharifi - Posted on July 31st, 2018
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
University Of Southern California/Lac+Usc Medical Center
Dr. Jahangir Sharifi Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
More about Dr. Jahangir Sharifi
Dr. Sharifi practices both pediatric and adult otolaryngology and allergy.
Locations & DirectionsJAHANGIR SHARIFI MD INC, 1701 E Cesar E Chavez Ave Ste 356, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Jahangir Sharifi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.