Dr. Jai H Lee Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

1.9

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Jai H Lee?

No pain medicine or antibiotics after surgery??????

My mom had a knee surgery under general anesthesia yesterday. When I stopped by after work to see how she was doing, I was surprised to learn she was discharged without any pain medicines or antibiotics. Later, I came to learn that while the doctor did call the hospital's pharmacy to order in a prescription, there was an issue with the insurance and the pharmacy denied the meds. I called the doctor and after my second try was able to talk to him. He explained he had already called the pharmacy by calling the phone number provided by the patient (my mom). Highly doubt my mom would have provided the phone number of the hospital's pharmacy which not only she's never been to but that also rejected her insurance! I told him that whatever the case, the issue was that my mom was without meds and we didnt want to wait until the next morning unless someone could guarantee that there would be no pain or discomfort overnight. I told him that I was calling him from my mom's regular pharmacy and if given the situation, he could talk to the pharmacist and prescribe the meds. His answer word for word: "I can't talk on the phone right now". And that was it. I am no doctor, but common sense tells me that is gruesome negligence. Callous disregard for human pain. Asking for pain medicine and antibiotics after a surgery is not asking for any special favors.