Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Jai Perumal
Jai Perumal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Neurology. Jai Perumal is affiliated with Nyack Hospital, New York University Health Center and Nyp-Weill Cornell. She speaks English.
Jai Perumal has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Jai Perumal has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Jai Perumal has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Perumal sent me for 3 MRI and then told me I had MS and that I shouldn't worry. Upon review by another of my MRI it was shown to me that the MRI showed I had brain damage. Dr. Perumal when confronted about missing the 1mm and 3mm white masses said "well that's not my area of expertise so I don't know what I can do for you, you need to take care of that yourself". I was shocked. I have since seen a neurophycologist and had the brain damage confirmed and now I can get the help that I needed. Dr. Perumal said I had MS when in fact I did not and refused to help me when she discovered the brain damage. If your looking to be misdiagnosed then please see Dr. Perumal, but if you want an accurate diagnosis then please avoid this doctor.
Perumal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York University Health Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
NYU Langone Medical Center
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York University
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
16 Years Experience
Stanley Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Jai Perumal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWEILL GREENBERG CENTER, 1305 York Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Jai Perumal in this video.
Jai Perumal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.