Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jaime E Murillo has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Catheterization
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Murillo was very thorough and really seemed to care. He took the time to listen to my concerns and made me feel as though I really mattered as a person. His bedside manner was excellent and his treatment was spot-on. He is the best cardiologist I've had to deal with and would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Murillo acts at first like a polished well-dressed doctor, but he clearly did not care about obtaining an accurate dianosis nor was he interested in additional information I gave him about my wife's heart condition until it was too late and she had a heart attack. We now go to the other large group that covers Virginia Beach and Chesapekae and we're thrilled and very happy. They care , they're smart and in it for the right reasons. Her doctor Bhasin even gave us his personal cell phone number . We love him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Murillo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Jaime E Murillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSentara Cardiology Specialists, 2075 Glenn Mitchell Dr Ste 400, Virginia Beach, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jaime E Murillo in this video.
Dr. Jaime E Murillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.