Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jaime Murphy
Dr. Jaime Murphy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Norwood, MA. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Murphy is affiliated with Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Caritas Norwood Hospital and Boston Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jaime Murphy has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Jaime Murphy has the following 3 expertise
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Dr. Jaime Murphy has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Jaime Murphy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Murphy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Caritas Norwood Hospital
Boston Medical Center
Steward Norwood Hospital
St Elizabeths Hosp
13 Years Experience
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jaime Murphy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.