Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jaime F Roman
Dr. Jaime F Roman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Roman is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center and New York-Presbyterian-Queens. Dr. Roman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jaime F Roman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 36
My family and me were patients of this doctor for a long time. At first he was excellent but he became rude and conceited, when I started to feel disrespected and uncomfortable I found another doctor. What's the point of going to a doctor if you can't ask him a simple question, he would make fun of me when I would ask something. I can go on and on, but this is the main point, be careful with this doctor, he likes to prescribe medications that you dont need, and his favorite diagnosis is arthritis even its something else, I guess that was his favorite subject in med school. I had to find another doctor for my mom as well.
This doctor is rude his wife works with him in the office she yells at the patients and treats the employees like slave workers. This office is very unperfesional starting with the doctor sleeping with staff. This office needs to be reported to the department of labor. And health. Many times I saw when blood and urine samples were left in the heat in the summer and the employees were not certified or trained properly to do exams or draw labs
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Roman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Jaime F Roman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRoman Clinics, 384 E 149th St Ste 318, Bronx, NY
Dr. Jaime F Roman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.