Dr. Jairan L Duke Elmore Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jairan L Duke Elmore?

Very gentle doctor

She's a great doctor. I recommend her all the time.

Outstanding, caring doctor!!!

Doctor is okay, business is too busy

The doctor is fine - caring and concerned. However, the office itself is too busy and does not allow adequate time for diagnosing and following up with patients. Took two weeks to get in for a follow up when complaining of pain from birth and some phone calls were never returned for questions concerning pregnancy. I do not feel the nurses are adequately trained or either too busy to care.

Very friendly and professional.

I love Dr. Duke. She was by far the best OB-GYN I've ever had. I was really disappointed when we had to move. If you're looking for a doctor to baby you, she isn't that person. She's smart and caring, a very genuine person.

In too much of a hurry

After my Dr retired he recommended Dr. Duke. I started having major menstrual issues and called to make an app. At the time I was 24 and hadn't had a period in 75 days. Dr. Duke's nurse told me she could "Squeeze me in" in three weeks. When I finally got in to see her I definitely felt "squeezed in". I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time before a nurse led me to a crowded noisy tiny room where we discussed (in front of several other non-medical people) my health details. I felt very uncomfortable. The nurse finally led me to a room where I waited for another 20 mins before a smiling Dr. Duke came in to tell me that she thought I had thyroid problems, go down the hall, take a left, and get blood work I'll call you in a week. Three weeks later and after several unreturned phone calls a nurse calls me back and tells me I have PCOS. Do I want to a rx for metformin or birth control? I responded that not only was I unfamiliar with PCOS, but also with metformin. "What did Dr. Duke recommend?", I asked. "Either", the nurse replied. I chose to go with Birth control since I actually knew what it was. When I showed up to the pharmacy the nurse had called in metformin. What a circus.I asked the nurse if Dr. Duke could call me and discuss what PCOS was and how it would affect me. I never received a return phone call. I ended up researching the disease and successfully treating it myself. Six months later I found out I was pregnant. I immediately called my GP and asked for a recommendation for a good obgyn. "Dr. Duke" replied the nurse. "Yes," I responded, "I've seen Dr. Duke and refuse to let her handle my pregnancy." "We hear that often." She dropped her voice, "Try Dr. ........ office."

Dr. Duke came highly recommended to me from a friend. I was looking for an OB that would let me do a VBAC, and while Dr. Duke insisted that I get an epidural before attempting a VBAC (I wanted to birth without meds), I decided to go with her and her conditions. As it turned out, I had a wonderful prenatal experience and birthing experience. When issues came up with health insurance, the office staff personally helped me get it resolved. To make my experience even better, it was always a treat to see Dr. Duke's smiling face and good bed-side manners during every appointment. She always took the time to answer all of my questions and left me feeling reassured if I came in worried. I would definitely come back to her if we decide to have a third child.

Nice perso- , but...

Dr. Duke is a nice person. She is always smiling. That doesn't cut it with me though. I have had multiple problems- and I call and call and call...no one even calls me back, MUCH less tries to help me with my problem. When you DO get in to see her she is so rushed that you don't know what blindsided you, and can't think of questions until after you are gone. Not that you would want to ask- as you are discharged in the hallway sitting area with other people around when you are discharged. If you do call back with a question- GOOD LUCK getting a return call. I am not impressed with the care I get from the group- from the front desk check in, to the clinical staff, to the doctor.