Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Jairo Romero
Jairo Romero, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Jairo Romero is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UC San Diego Health System and UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest. Jairo Romero has received 2 awards. He speaks Spanish.
Jairo Romero has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Jairo Romero has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Dementia Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
Jairo Romero has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Jairo Romero is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2016, 2017, 2018)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Romero is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
Tri-City Medical Center
Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center
34 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUC San Diego Health - Perlman Medical Offices, 9350 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Jairo Romero in this video.
Jairo Romero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.