Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jaiyoung Ryu
Dr. Jaiyoung Ryu, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Morgantown, WV, with another office in Morgantown, WV. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Ryu is affiliated with WVU HEALTHCARE RUBY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, West Virginia University Hospitals and Ruby Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jaiyoung Ryu has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Respiratory Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Ryu is an excellent doctor/surgeon. Great personality. Very thorough. I had excellent results with my hand surgery. More importantly, he saved my husband's life in 2001 following an accident in which both his lower arms were nearly severed. It was a long and difficult surgery requiring plates, pins, etc to replace/repair bone and reattaching arteries etc. My husband regained full use of both hands/arms and is able to do any activity he chooses. It was nothing short of miraculous. We thank God that Dr. Ryu was the one to get the call the day Bill was flown to WVU Hospital.
Dr. Ryu is very knowledgeable. He attempted numerous interventions before resorting to a surgical approach, which I really appreciated. I feel that he was very thorough. There was a minor problem with my surgery, which he did tell me was a possible side effect. He addressed the situation promptly and courteously. I trust him as a physician! As a matter of fact I drive more than three hours because I trust his expertise.
Dr. Ryu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
West Virginia University Hospitals
Ruby Memorial Hospital
39 Years Experience
Catholic University Of Korea
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Jaiyoung Ryu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jaiyoung Ryu in this video.
Dr. Jaiyoung Ryu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morgantown, WV.