Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jalil E Ahari has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Jalil E Ahari has the following 8 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jalil E Ahari - Posted on September 17th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jalil E Ahari - Posted on April 24th, 2016
I'VE HAD DR. AHARI FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS ALMOST 4 AND I WONDER HOW HE IS ABLE TO SIT AND EXPLAIN IN DETAIL TO ALL HIS PATIENTS AS HE DOES ME. HIS BEDSIDE MANNER IS TO BE COPIED AND GIVEN TO ALOT OF DOCTORS. I WAS HOPSITALIZED ONCE AND ALTHOUGH ONE OF HIS COLLEGEUES TREATED ME HE DID NOT TELL DR. AHARI WAS IN THE HOSPITAL, HE WAS NOT HAPPY. THE NEXT TIME I WAS HOSPITALIZED THROUGH ER, HE MADE A POINT TO VISIT ME EVERY MORNING BEFORE GOING TO HOSPITAL. THIS WAS AT GW HE FOLLOWED MY CASE THROUGH THE STAY AND, AS HIS PATIENT STILL DOES, I RESPECT AND ADMIRE DR AHARI, I THINK WE HAVE A GREAT RELATIONSHIP. IT IS NOW TIME TO BE HONEST WITH HIM, FOR I HAVE NOT DONE ALL THAT HE HAS INSTRUCTED.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jalil E Ahari - Posted on April 19th, 2012
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
Shiraz University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1992
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Jalil E Ahari Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGW MEDICAL FACULTY ASSOCIATES, 2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jalil E Ahari, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Washington, DC, in this video.
Dr. Jalil E Ahari is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.