Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jamar G Williams has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jamar G Williams has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 31
I have yet to meet Dr. Williams as I have been dealing solely with his Nurse Practitioner, Tonya Carter. She is incredibly kind and understanding. I have terrible anxiety (especially when it comes to doctor's offices and medical issues) and she's been very understanding and patient with me. I'd been dealing with a very uncomfortable health issue for months that no one could diagnose. After months of discomfort, I decided to try this practice. Ms. Carter is the only one who has done thorough testing to help me get to the bottom of what's going on with me. The staff has always been kind and helpful, and when I needed to get in quickly, they got me right in. I have nothing negative to say about this practice.
As the lead of my heath 'team', I do my due diligence/research--taking lists of questions--not ending my appointment until my questions are answered. My first impression of Dr. Jamar Williams was exceptional. As a new patient--relocating from Maryland, Dr. Williams went the extra mile to obtain my records to help me make a seamless and smooth transition into his care. I was very impressed. Wendy, is an exceptional staff member. I left the office feeling confident that I made the right decision in choosing Dr. Williams as my PCP. My only concern was with Taunya Carter, RNP. She appears to be very arrogant--in need of training on patient interpersonal dynamics. Other members of his staff are not very personable. However, my goal is not to make friends with the staff. Consequently, I highly recommend Dr. Williams as a PCP.
30 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Mt Carmel Medical Center
Dr. Jamar G Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCapital City Medical Associates, 2489 Stelzer Rd Ste 101, Columbus, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jamar G Williams in this video.
Dr. Jamar G Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.