Dr. James Schmidt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Schmidt?

Posted on October 22nd, 2015

the best . Wouldn't think of another Primary. Nice, professional, on target Every visit, uplifting personality. He listens to you evaluating the symtoms. He's great.

Posted on June 14th, 2015

My family and I have been seeing dr Schmidt for over 15 years. The wait is atrocious, some of the office staff in both the front and back could use a few lessons about friendliness as people do not go there because they want to, usually it is an illness that prompts a visit, however, I would wait all day for a few minutes with Dr. Schmidt. He is by far one of the most kind, compassionate health care professionals I have ever known. He listens to what u have to say, takes his time even if he has a waiting room full of patients, explains everything even when u don't want to hear it and works with u to fix the problem without doing a bunch of unnecessary tests to protect himself. He understands that we are human and don't always do what we should but he DOES NOT shame u for some of the unhealthy choices we make in our lives, but he will tell u what those are without making u feel like a fool and says " it his responsibilty to tell u as your Dr." ugh. I absolutely hate the wait but I no it is worth a few hours of my time. I too have seen his Physician Asst.s and Nurse Practioners and have found them to also be professional and kind, and I always feel comfortable after my visit with them as I no Dr. Schmidt reviews every patients chart that is seen in his office as He has called me to follow up on some issues I may have had.

Posted on December 22nd, 2014

You do have to wait, so call before you go and see if they will call you when a room is ready for you. He does not rush you out of there!

He really Cares

Posted on February 7th, 2012

Although some of his staff was unpleasant, the nurses were excellent, he is a great doctor. I recently recieved some bad news, and he was so worried for me that he called me at home every week to make sure I was doing ok. He was there everytime I needed him at the hospital. He truly cares about his patients.

Posted on November 9th, 2011

Dr. Schmidt is quite simply one of the most professional and caring physicians in the San Pedro area. He spends the extra time to fully explain both the diagnosis and prognosis should you have a new medical issue, and will answer any questions you may have. He reminds me of the 'old school' family doctor; indeed, I know of patients he has checked on at their homes! I have been a patient for almost 10 years and his staff is exceptional...starting with Nancy and now Minna, Mary and Bridgette. You might spend a bit more time in the office than you expected, but keep in mind, Dr. Schmidt gives you the extra attention during your visit, which certainly makes you feel value as a patient!

ZZZZZZZ

Posted on September 20th, 2011

Office staff is friendly but too busy to chat with you. Long waiting times. Crummy selection of magazines to read in waiting room.

Posted on December 20th, 2010

The office seems to be disorganized and the staff can be unprofessional. The office line seems to be answere in person rarely and messages are not returned. Wait time is extremely long and you don't always see the doctor. Once you see him, he does take his time with you, which is good, but the overall experience is unsatisfactory.

Posted on December 5th, 2008

Our family have been patients of this physician for 15+ years. He has seen us through a number of health related issues, guided us to appropriate specialists when necessary, assured our continued good health by his careful approach to preventive medicine and excellent advice. The office wait is extensive, but mitigated by the knowledge that Dr. Schmidt gives each patient his full attention and time.On top of his technical proficiency, he has a warm human, approach and great sense of humor. He takes the time to explain medical terms and conditions in a way the lay-person can understand.These qualities make Dr. Schmidt very valuable to his patients and almost impossible to replace.

Posted on August 14th, 2016