Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James A Sterling
Dr. James A Sterling, DO is a Doctor primarily located in College Station, TX, with another office in College Station, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Sterling is affiliated with Chi St Joseph Health Regional Hospital. Dr. Sterling has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Sterling has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James A Sterling has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. James A Sterling has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James A Sterling is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 9
If you are impatient, Dr. Sterling may not be for you. He can fall behind schedule because he actually spends time with his patients. Instead of simply nodding his head and tossing a prescription at you, he listens and talks to his patients. He discusses issues, works with you and provides reasonable explanations and solutions.I first went to Dr. Sterling after visiting a string of doctors because I was experiencing phantom pains. The other doctors dismissed me and my concerns. Sterling listened without dismissing me and diagnosed a benign tumor that was placing pressure on my nerves. I wish I had gone to him before the neurologist charged me $300 to tell me there was nothing wrong!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Sterling is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. James A Sterling accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James A Sterling is similar to the following 3 Doctors near College Station, TX.