Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James M Abroms
Dr. James M Abroms, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Abroms is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center and St Vincents Hospital. Dr. Abroms has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James M Abroms has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James M Abroms has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. James M Abroms has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I've been Dr. Abroms' patient for over 30 years. I have a broad range of varied experiences with physicians and have very high expectations, and Jim Abroms meets or exceeds those expectations 99% of the time (I'm not one to hand out 100% scores). I have a long list of largely untreatable conditions, but he hangs in there with me, helping steer me through choosing specialists, recovering from this and that, and listening throughout it all. In many ways, he's an old-fashioned doctor, and I mean that in the very best sense of the phrase.
Dr. Abroms has been my doctor for over 25+ years. He is an excellent PCP. He takes care of mine and my mom's medical needs. Could not ask for a better doctor. Dr. Abroms as well as his staff is caring and concerned about our medical needs. If I am sick, they can always fit me in to see Dr. Abroms the same day I call. They treat me like family. I appreciate the patient/doctor relationship that we have. Dr. Abroms is an excellent physician. Would recommend him to my family and friends.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Abroms is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Baptist Health System
Dr. James M Abroms accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrookwood Primary Care Homewood, 1817 Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL
Dr. James M Abroms is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.