Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James M Alford has 3 locations
1030 Cricket Ln
Mansfield, OH 44906
770 Balgreen Dr Ste 207
Mansfield, OH 44906
Book Online Now
Dr. James M Alford has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. James M Alford has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
Dr. James M Alford is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Started out well..
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Alford - Posted on December 11th, 2018
I went in after being referred to him in office, I went to my initial visit, scheduled a second visit to set my mind at ease about a possible upcoming surgery. I requested a referral for a second opinion and at that time I was told"He does not give referrals, if you would like to self-refer, feel free to sign a release form and take your records to your new provider". I had never heard of such a thing! Talk about ego.
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Alford - Posted on June 18th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Alford - Posted on December 17th, 2014
couldn't ask for a better doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Alford - Posted on September 12th, 2013
Dr. Alford is great, he is very kind and he always takes my feeling into consideration. i have had PCOS for 9 years and he has been my Dr. for 5 of them. he has done 2 surgerys to remove large cyst and is about to do a hystorectomy and i havent a single worry, i always feel very comfertable and the staff are very nice :-)
Self-verified patient of Dr. James M Alford - Posted on August 20th, 2012
Dr. Alford is a fantastic physician who is very caring and considerate of the patient. He listens to every concern makes the correct diagnosis. He is by far the best ob/gyn. It is easy to get an appointment and easy to get a follow up visit if necessary. I have had several procedures done by him including a hysterectomy. Everything went well and I was back to normal quickly without any complications. I would highly recommend him as a doctor for any lady.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1982
Community Medical Center
Dr. James M Alford Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James M Alford, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Mansfield, OH, in this video.
Dr. James M Alford is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mansfield, OH.