Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Almand Jr
Dr. James Almand Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Prairie, TX. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Almand is affiliated with Harris Continued Care Hospital, UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul and Medical Center Of Arlington. Dr. Almand has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James Almand Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James Almand Jr has the following 1 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. James Almand Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Almand is a superb Doctor who always spends time with his patients. Any time spent waiting to see him is time well spent. He has never been mistaken and picked up on situations missed by other Doctors. Our family never hesitate to take his advice or see the specialists he refers us to. It has proven to be wise. His office staff are professional and kind. Long may he be there.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Almand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harris Continued Care Hospital
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Medical Center Of Arlington
Usmd Surgical Hospital Of Arlington
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
Kindred Hospital Tarrant County
TX Health Arlington
UT Southwestern St. Paul Hospital
Usmd Hospital of Arlington
- University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Detroit Receiving Hospital
Dr. James Almand Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1801 S Carrier Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX
Dr. James Almand Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Prairie, TX.